Saturday, December 15, 2012

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

So, since last updating, I spent the night out in Copenhagen with my closest friends which was an amazing last night together, and I had my last day in Copenhagen.

Getting horizontal to let it digest!

Rebecca and I went to Christiania, which had a really awesome Christmas market, and I couldn't leave Copenhagen without going there at least once, and then we met up at Norreport and went ice skating!  The actual quality of the ice skating wasn't too good because it wasn't Zambonied or anything, but it was still a lot of fun with my friends!

Peace to the World in Christiania!


Ice skating

I then came back and Sigrun and I spent time cooking dinner together, and drinking some wine and eating the cheese I brought back from Amsterdam.  Tomorrow morning Lone and Lasse are coming over for breakfast and to say goodbye, and then Sigrun is taking me to the airport where I will be meeting Kitte, Claus, and Soren so I can say a final goodbye to them!

I am having the hardest time wrapping my head around the fact that I'm leaving this beautiful city I grew to call my home in the last four months.  Regardless of the sometimes questionable weather and very short daylight, this city has made me feel at home and this semester has been the most amazing experience.  Everyone says that you go abroad and you come back different, and I can truly say that has happened to me.  I have a much better appreciation for everything I have, and I have met some of the most amazing people and had the best experiences.  The world seems like such a smaller place to me now, and I hope that this will not be my last experience here.  I have made lasting relationships with friends, and especially with my Danish family.  I can't imagine not seeing them again soon in the future, whether in America or Denmark I could never be sure, but I feel in my heart that it will happen.  They have taken care of me and ensured that I could learn to also call Denmark my home, and I am so ridiculously grateful for this. This semester has truly been a once in a lifetime experience, and I could never be more happy or grateful to my parents to have been able to experience this amazing semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment