Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So. Much. SNOW!

Monday I woke up and did a little bit of studying, but got antsy and decided to do get my Christmas spirit up a little. So I obviously listened to Hanson Christmas music on repeat and baked cookies and homemade boller (rolls)!  Definitely a fun way to relax a little but maybe not the most conducive to good grades on finals.

My Boller!

In the late afternoon, Lone and Anders picked me up and we started down to Nykobing where Soren and Gitte had us over along with Claus and Kitte for a final goodbye dinner for me.  It was such a wonderful night, being with my amazing Danish family who I have grown to know and love so much.  I started to get too sentimental too soon, however and can't figure out how I'm going to make it through saying goodbye to them at the airport.  Yes- they're making an hour and a half drive just to see me off. They're that awesome.  Anyway, after dinner, dessert, and coffee with cookies after that (they are newly obsessed with peanut butter cookies and chocolate crinkles thanks to me!), we looked outside and decided the weather was definitely way to terrible for driving so we made a spur of the moment decision to spend the night with Soren and Gitte.

Peanut butter cookies!

My amazing family

When we woke up today, we realized the roads were still really icy, but I had to get back to study for my exam, so I was put on a train home.  When the train got into Copenhagen I decided to get a bag to carry on some breakable things that I don't trust in my luggage, so I stopped at a store on the walking street, got a carry-on suitcase, and experienced for the first time, in the four months that I have been here (yes- they do it every day), the parade of the Danish Royal Guard accompanied by a marching band and approximately 40 soldiers which were marching to Amalienborg to participate in the "changing of the guard."

All the SNOW from the train

Changing of the Guards parade



After that, I headed home and proceeded to study my butt off for my exam tomorrow, cooked dinner for Sigrun and am now hoping that I'll be ready for this exam!  Tomorrow after the exam, I'm going over Morgans with Alison and Rebecca and I'm learning how to make latkes because its Hannukah!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment