Saturday, October 20, 2012

Suitcase packed? Ready to go!

Hej everyone!

Just a quick update...

Nothing too crazy has happened since I last posted in here.  Thursday was a typical school day but I (luckily) had my last class cancelled, so I didn't have to travel all the way to the Hospital and then back to Copenhagen for wine tasting.  Instead, I took advantage of my time and decided to work on my final paper for European Storytelling.  It was nice being able to sit in Studenterhuset and sip on a Chai Latte while trying my hardest to be productive (and ultimately failing)!  Wine tasting was great- we moved on to German and Austrian wines (lucky for me since in exactly 12 hours I'll be in Austria).  Ian, my instructor also brought a "Wine Essence Kit" which holds concentrated aromas of the different smells in wine that helps you hone your olfactory senses.  It was so interesting using them to help understand the different identifications of some smells.

Friday and today were very productive days.  Friday I went into Copenhagen early and went to the DIS library to get some work done.  Embarassingly enough, I got there before the library even opened.  I'm still trying to decide whether that's a good or bad thing.  I met with my professor about my paper, and then worked a shift at Studenterhuset.  That shift was fun because I got to train some new volunteers how things work behind the bar.  Today, I woke up and legitimately did work alllll day long.  Good news: I've completed all the readings for two of my classes for the rest of my semester.  Bad news: even with the readings done, I still have three final papers that will need to be handed in, in addition to the Final Exam.  Luckily, two of those three papers are group papers, so they should be relatively easy.  I spent the rest of the day packing for VIENNA AND BUDAPEST! and then just relaxing and watching some TV with Sigrun after dinner.  It's early to bed for me tonight- I have a plane to catch in the morning!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment