Monday, October 29, 2012

... and now to Sweden?

So Saturday I went with my friends to Malmo, Sweden!  It's a short half hour train ride across the bridge, and we figured it would be fun to wander aimlessly around the town exploring, especially because much of DIS was still traveling.  We had a lot of fun and just saw a park (where we experienced our first "fall leaves" of the year) and the castle, the Turning Torso, and we grabbed some lunch in a cafe.  We then came back to Copenhagen and cooked dinner together and watched the Sound of Music as a tribute to our stay in Austria!

fall leaves!

random statues in Malmo



windmills

the old castle

The Turning Torso!

Dinner with the friends!

Sunday was a work day, and it ended with me cooking Chicken Pot Pie for Sigrun and her sister.
Today I had my cooking class again and we made soups and porridges, which was very appropriate because it was cold, wet, and windy.  I am finally beginning to understand all the "warnings" about going abroad to a country like Denmark.  the wet, cold, and rain, I can handle, but I'm going to have the most difficulty adjusting to the fact that it was 4:45 and I was sitting in class, starting out the window, watching it get dark.  By 5:00 it was completely dark, and when I got out at 5:30 if streetlights didn't exist you wouldn't be able to see anything.... So... I guess it might take a little bit of time getting used to! This week I'm volunteering at Studenterhuset and writing a million group papers!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment