Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ian's Visit!

Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been so bad with keeping this up to date, but I've been so busy because IAN CAME TO VISIT for a long weekend!  He flew in Friday morning and stayed until Tuesday.  We spent the weekend exploring the city, and we even did touristy things that I'd been meaning to do all semester but hadn't gotten the chance yet.

Friday night was culture night in Copenhagen where the museums and public buildings are all open to the public free of charge with just a $15 ticket for the whole night.  Saturday we explored for the first half of the day (Rosenberg Slot, The Little Mermaid, Nyhavn, Danish pancakes, and walked along the harbor), and then went to Tivoli at night because they're open for Halloween.  Sunday was a little more rainy - I knew the atypical nice weather wouldn't last long - but we still managed to explore Christianshavn and do a canal tour which was pretty cool: it's definitely a different perspective seeing the city from the water.  Monday, unfortunately, I had to go to class and take a midterm in my medical ethics class, but after I got home we went to a reaaaaallly nice restaurant called Saint Gertrude's Cloister for our last dinner before Ian had to fly home.  It was definitely the most amazing food combinations I have ever eaten in my life.  Overall, it was an awesome weekend, being able to see Ian and show him what my life's been about for the past two months.
At the top of the Round Tower, overlooking Copenhagen

The Changing of the Guards at Amalienborg Palace 

Along the harbor - Rainbow in the background!

The Little Mermaid!

Hot apple cider in Tivoli!

Canal Tour

An amazing burger (at Tight, not St. Gertrude's)
Dessert at Saint Gertrude's

Yesterday I spent all day trying to get a research paper done before my next study tour week (which is Sunday) and then a few of us went over Alison's house for a girls night/sleepover where I taught them how to make chicken pot pie/chicken and dumplings and Danish roulade, and then we watched Harry Potter!  Today will be a day spent with me writing this paper and trying to get my work done so I don't have any stress while I'm in Vienna and Budapest!

Chicken and Dumplings!

Alison and Rebecca

Roulade

No comments:

Post a Comment