Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things... again!

After getting back to Copehagen, I had to once again get into the swing of things.  Monday I had class again, and then went to my Danish cooking class.  In class we had an awesome Danish birthday dinner, where basically all the ingredients are sugar, flour, chocolate, and more sugar.  It was a great time because, if you haven't figured it out yet, I have the biggest sweet tooth ever!

Tuesday was a really busy day for me.  I went into the city and volunteered at Studenterhuset, and was having so much fun I stayed an extra hour.  The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, I just did work and met with my group for a group paper.

Today was also another typical day.  I had a field study but it was pouring so we actually went into a classroom and watched "The thief of Baghdad" a movie that Disney actually based Aladin off of.  It was nice because my professor also brought some pastries and coffee to get us through the morning!  I then experienced the Danish Royal Library for the first time.  Their system is definitely so much more confusing than anything in the US system.  I was so frustrated when I finally figured out how to work the search engine (all in Danish of course) and found the call number, only to be told that I'm not allowed to go get it and I have to put in a request for the book and come back for it tomorrow.

On a good note, I had my long study tour orientation where I learned some details about the trip with my program to Budapest and Vienna! The most exciting part (I personally believe) is that we're getting to go to hear the Vienna orchestra perform (which is the second best in the whole world).  I leave a week from Sunday for that trip, so I'm definitely so excited!  I just have to get through two midterms in the meantime!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment