Friday, November 2, 2012

A very busy week

It's not all vacation time!

This week I've been trying to catch up on everything before I leave again!  Here at DIS they like to emphasize group work, which is great because that means less individual work, but terrible because I like to get things done far in advance and that doesn't tend to be the overall consensus.  It's also hard to write a five page paper with seven people in the group.  I'm sure we'll figure out how to make it al work, regardless.

I volunteered on Tuesday and spent the rest of the day just doing a serious amount of work, as was the case with Wednesday.  Wednesday night we had a field study at night for my Medical ethics class.  It was basically just a movie night.  The movie we watched was called Mar Ardento (obviously it was Spanish).  It was a movie about euthanasia and was one of the saddest movies I have seen in a very long time, but I guess that was to be expected with a topic like that.

Thursday was good, but we had to add an extra hour to our already two hour class at the hospital and this made me late to wine tasting!  The actual wine tasting was nice though, definitely a fun end to the night.  It was a blind tasting and it's weird because I wasn't good at guessing the specific type of wine, but got every single year the wine was made for the reds - figure that one out for me!

Anyway, today is just a work day and have finally finished booking alll my hostels for my final travel break and am getting so excited, especially because some of that I'll be traveling on my own!

Between now and Thursday, I'm hoping to get everything done for the whole week after my mom visits, so I have nothing to worry about while I'm traveling and while she's here!  I have all my readings done for all my classes for the rest of the semester and just have one big paper left to write, so I think I'll be able to get it done!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment