Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Off again!!!

So this week has been highly successful:  I've experienced Christmas more than a month early, learned to make fish frikadeller with Sigrun and her sister, got two papers written, and now have all my big assignments/projects/papers done for the rest of the semester!  It's definitely time for another travel break!
Tomorrow after my classes, I'm flying out of Copenhagen, have a 12 hour layover in London, and then will head to Naples where I'm planning on exploring Pompeii!  I'm so excited to see these places I learned about in my four years of Latin in real life!! After Naples, I'm spending a couple days in Rome, Venice, Prague, and Krakow each.  In Rome, I'll also be visiting the Vatican city and hopefully attending a mass there since I will be there Sunday!  I figured that I should visit Venice not only because it is known to be absolutely gorgeous with its extensive canals and buildings, but with the way global warming has been going, by the time I get another opportunity to visit, it'll be underwater!  Prague is just supposed to be a must see if you're studying in Europe so I had to make it there, and we're going to take a short train from Krakow to Auschwitz and Birkenau.

Needless to say I'm ridiculously pumped for this trip and CANNOT WAIT!  I'm definitely not going to be able to focus in any of my classes all day, but I'm looking forward to my medical practice and policy class at the hospital because we're learning techniques tomorrow.. Our topic for the week is gynecology and obstetrics and we spent all of Monday learning your typical anatomy and physiology, but it was my first lecture on obstetrics, so it was actually really interesting to learn about actual childbirth (sorry if I'm grossing you out) and the techniques they use when there are problems.  I have no idea, but I was just fascinated! So tomorrow, we're using this laproscopic surgery simulator to learn how to use the different instruments to perform a removal of an ectopic pregnancy and also to perform female sterilization.  There are only thirty of these simulators in the whole world, and the hospital I am at tomorrow owns four of them!! I am so ridiculously excited to get to use it!  The doctor even said that if we feel like we don't get enough time, we can talk to him and come in whenever to just practice on it for as long as we wish!  Never before have I been so happy that I only have classes two days a week!

Anyway, I'm bringing my laptop along for the trip because my mom is VISITING AS SOON AS I GET BACK (and I need to stay in contact with the outside world haha)! Basically going to be the most amazing next two weeks ever because we'll be traveling to Nykobing Falster and Jutland to see the rest of the family!

Til imorgen!

ps, sorry there are no pictures recently, but pretty soon there will be way too many!!

No comments:

Post a Comment