Wednesday, November 21, 2012

More details!

Hello everyone!

So, Saturday my mom and I just met and checked into our hotel and got to catch up on everything that had happened since we last talked (and laugh at the situation now that it was over)!  It was so great to be able to see her in real life and not just through a computer screen!

Sunday was a day for real exploring and I got to show her my home city for the last three months, and I even got to see some things I hadn't gotten the chance to see yet!  We went to Rosenberg Slot and saw the crown jewels, we went to the Queen's residence, Amalienborg Palace and into the Marble Church.  We even got really daring and climbed 320 stairs to the top of the dome where we were able to see a beautiful view of Copenhagen (even though it was a little overcast).

From the Dome of the Marble Church




I took her to the postcard-picture part of Copenhagen called Nyhavn where we had a wonderful lunch and my mom had her second Danish open-faced sandwich of the trip, and we walked along the canal and discovered a cute Julemarked!! Obviously we're getting a lot of Christmas shopping done this trip!

Outside where we had our lunch

Nyhavn!

Decorated for Christmas!


We then headed up the pedestrian walking-street of Stroget which had been decorated for Christmas while I was gone, and in the Square of Gammel Torv, they had build another Christmas Market!! Needless to say, my mom and I are loving the cute Danish Christmas decorations and gifts!

Stroget

We stopped for Danish Pancakes!

Tivoli



We finally made it to Tivoli where we walked around and lovedddd the Christmas decorations and met my host mom for a nice hyggelit dinner!

Monday I put my mom on a train to Nykobing where Soren picked her up and showed her all about our family's history!  She really loved seeing where our family has its roots and the places where her grandmother used to live and was baptized and all those important parts of life!  I then got to meet them after (a very long day of) classes, and we just got to catch up because I hadn't seen them in a while!

A bunker built after WWII

My Bestamore's School

The Church where Bestamore was baptised


Tuesday morning we had a very nice breakfast and then Soren drove us to the train station where we headed to Helle and Jesper's house in Dorup, and even got to see Claus and Kitte because they are here to help with Helle's Sofi Julemarked!  It's so much fun hanging out with everyone and catching up, and helping get the shop ready for Christmastime!!

Today we hang out here then head to Tomas and  Henriette!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment