Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How many days left??

Yesterday I was thinking about everything I need to do before I go back home and I realized just how soon that's going to be happening.  It's two weeks and four days (aka 18 days) until I step on that plane back to America and won't be coming back for an indeterminate amount of time.  It's such a hard situation to be in:  I have truly fallen in love with this city, the Danes, and especially my Danish family, and it breaks my heart that I'm going to be saying bye to it all so soon.  At the same time, however, I'm so excited to be back in the States and see my family, friends, and of course Ian!  Christmas is my favorite time of the year and being here with all the decorations is enough to make anyone nostalgic.  

Anyway, enough of those crazy emotions and more about my week.

Sunday we were supposed to go to a Danish Christmas party with DIS, but Sigrun wasn't feeling well so I caught up on work and some much needed sleep.  Monday was class again and I presented a group project for my ethics class.  In European Storytelling we discussed the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter so I was basically in my glory and had an awesome class!  In my medicine class at the hospital, we learned CPR and how to use a defibrillator and response to cardiac arrest within a hospital, which was pretty interesting.  We also practiced more sutures (possible Christmas present mom??)!  

Tuesday I spent the first part of the day volunteering and had a great time.  It's amazing that in my down time, the barchief Travis and I discussed NGO's and Human Rights advocacy.  I never thought I would find myself behind a bar in Copenhagen discussing topics so important and serious, but it goes to show you just how awesome some of the people you meet abroad are.  After that I went on a search for the Post Office and worked my way through learning how to mail home packages (aka, souvenirs and Christmas Presents)!  

Today I had a field study this morning where we watched the Princess Bride - a classic.  After that I did some shopping for Christmas and then went to Studenterhuset to study.  When five o'clock finally rolled around I made my way to Lone and Anders' house where I had a great evening: definitely hyggelit!  Anders made Frikkadeller and we had some great Aeblesandkage too!  It was nice to just catch up with Lone and her son Lasse was studying for a math exam and I actually got to help him with it!  I could definitely see him being one of my closer cousins if I were one to actually live in Copenhagen, and I'm sad it's only just now that I got the opportunity to meet him.  Better late than never though!

Anyway, I have class tomorrow morning so I must get to sleep!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment