Friday, August 24, 2012

A day of relaxation?

Today I didn't have any classes, so I was planning on sleeping in, doing some work for next week, and then going to my Program Social later tonight.  Instead, I woke up at 8 and Sigrun had gotten some homemade Danishes for me to try.  We then got ready for the day and went grocery shopping, because she needed to buy ingredients to make... Chicken Pot Pie!  Is it me, or is it a little ironic that the first hot meal I have with my DANISH host family is chicken pot pie? Definitely not what I was expecting, but I can be sure it's something I will really like.

After getting groceries, we went into Copenhagen and I finally broke and bought a straightener.  After breaking the converter and then breaking the one my mom sent me, I decided my straightener just isn't supposed to function in Denmark.  The rest of the day was just spent catching up on work until my Program Social, which was very classy: there were real glass wine glasses, both red and white wine, different cheeses and crackers, and fruit.  We played a game to meet people and then after that, some people from my specific group in the program decided to explore Copenhagen for a real dinner.  This consisted of us going up to look at random restaurants and looking at the prices on the menu.  Once we found a cheap one, although we couldn't read the actual menu, we just arbitrarily picked an entree and pointed to it for the man.

It is fun to go around Copenhagen and discover new things every day.  After dinner we wandered around in an attempt to discover what is a typical night life.  Sorry today's post was so short but I'm really tired!

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment