Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's official.  Thursday, I finally found out I have a host family!  I will be living in a town called Hvidovre, just a ten minute commute by train to Copenhagen and the DIS offices.  Yesterday I got an email from my host mom, Sigrun.  It honestly made my day hearing about my adopted family for the next four months!  Sigrun has two daughters, Tonje 14, and Sascha, 30.  Sascha is married to Kasper and has two children, Emma 4, and Alfred 2.  Sigrun recently informed me that my first real Danish party will be Alfred's birthday party on August 23!

I made it through the MCAT yesterday and today is cram day for me for packing.  I've laid out all my clothes ranging from shorts and capris to thick sweaters.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to fit it all in my luggage which would be a miracle!  Another important thing I will be packing is a large backpack for when I travel throughout Europe on my two travel week breaks.  My sister traveled throughout Europe two summers ago and said this backpack is a must-have! Also, the converters and adapters are important so I can use all my electronics from the States while I am over in Denmark.

Last night I had all my (very large) family over for an early birthday party (since I will be turning 21 on September 11) and a going away party so I could say bye to everyone before I leave.  It was great seeing my family one last time but it definitely was a wake-up call that this is it! In 24 hours I will be at the airport ready to board my flight to Copenhagen!

No comments:

Post a Comment