Monday, August 6, 2012

T-minus Six Days and Counting!

"Less is more" is what everyone keeps telling me.  I have exactly six days until I leave the United States and fly to Copenhagen where I'll be spending the next four months of my life.  I have absolutely no idea what to pack for Denmark's seemingly unpredictable weather.  Today I went shopping with my mom and sister to buy some rain boots, a trench coat, and other warm clothes to wear during the cooler months in Denmark, but have figured out I'll most likely have to see what the weather is like for myself and maybe buy some clothes when I get there.

I'm flying out a week early with my sister, Dani and mom.  We'll be spending the week before DIS starts traveling through Denmark visiting my Danish relatives.  I can't wait to fly out and see them for the first time in a few years!  As leaving day gets closer and closer I'm getting more and more excited!  I've been trying to make sure I have all my converters so I can use all my electronics in Denmark and finally figured out how I'd be communicating with everyone back home.

I'm still waiting to hear about my housing and have been compulsively checking my email every ten minutes, even though it's two o'clock in the morning with the time change.  My first choice for housing is a host family, and I cannot wait to hear if I actually get one! I want to be able to completely immerse myself in the Danish culture and really learn about my heritage.

Between now and Sunday I will be running errands all over, getting last minute things for Denmark, and I'll be taking the MCAT's on Friday, a test even worse than the SAT's if that were even imaginable.  The idea that the MCAT will be done in less than a week and I will be in Denmark is everything that is getting my through this last week!  I never thought it would be possible to be a premed student and study abroad, especially in a place as great as Denmark.  It is everything I could ask for in my college experience and cannot wait for it to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment